For Our Students
- Chain Weave Names and Aliases
- The names that I use for the various chains are in bold, and aliases that I am aware of are in normal type.
I generally use the first name that I knew for the chain, or what I think is the most common name.
In some cases, e.g. names like "This is not Food" or "Rhinos Snorting Drano",
I use a name that is easier to explain to customers.
- Class Exercises - These are some of the chain making instruction sheets
we have developed for use in our classes:
- Jump Ring Estimate Tools - These tools can be used to estimate the
number of jump rings that can be cut from one foot of wire, including
the maximum length of wire that will fit on a mandrel,
or the minimum inches of wire needed to cut X jump rings.
- Making Large Jump Rings
- This article describes how to construct a coil holder for cutting large
diameter (3/4 inch and larger) jump rings.
- Reference Sheets - Here are some of the reference sheets we have
developed for use in our classes:
- Tools for a Chain Studio
- A brief look at tools that are useful in a chain studio.
- Working with Jump Rings
us if we may be of assistance to you.